Civic Symphony Association of San Francisco was established to provide a welcoming environment for musicians and audiences to participate in creating great music. By signing up to play music, you agree to support that Mission by following a few simple rules:
- Members are expected to actively participate in rehearsals and concerts. Please make attending rehearsals and performances a priority, and show up promptly.
- Do not play a concert, if you miss more than three rehearsals in a set, or if you miss the final rehearsal in a set.
- Report absences in advance to: missing.sfcivicsymphony.org
RESPECT AND COURTESY TO MEMBERS AND PROPERTY
- Treat others with respect at all times. The Symphony does not tolerate any aggressive, provocative, disruptive, or inappropriate behavior.
- Provide positive feedback and assistance to others as you can.
- Respect the property of other members and the Symphony, including instruments, music stands, chairs and sheet music.
- Return any borrowed items such as instruments, sheet music and other property of the Symphony promptly.
- Honor the effort of your fellow musicians by investing the time and effort to learn pieces for which you sign-up.
- Follow the directions of the leadership, including conductor, concertmaster, operations manager, and your section leader as fully as possible.
- Ensure all comments are directed to ef cient use of rehearsal time
- Pay the requested donation for each set or piece for which you signed-up, unless the payment causes a hardship.
RESOLUTION OF CODE OF CONDUCT ISSUES
- Any behavior that is inconsistent with the Code of Conduct will be brought to the attention of the member.
- If necessary, the member may be asked to leave the Symphony.
- Most importantly, enjoy the experience of creating beautiful music in a wel- coming environment!